Everything TCG and TCG Adjacent

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
I never learnt how to play Pokemon TCG properly. I just got really good at gaslighting my friends into believing the rules were whatever let me win.

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I'm fully in my Pokemon card era and I'm loving it

(It's very funny to me because I've literally been playing the game on and off for 20+ years but am only now getting serious about it)

Today I played my favorite match yet! It was a battle that had me going back and forth--teetering between tasting victory and brushing against defeat.

( @erm_yeah I'm going to move the thread into the Banter Pantry because that's where we normally keep discussion threads whereas the Gameplay Buffet hosts literal games played on the forum.)

I've never really played any other TCGs besides, uh, a super brief stint of Hearthstone and an even shorter stint of Marvel Snap if that even counts??

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
I used to be very into a TCG called Android Netrunner, and I wish I could remember more about it today, because I had so much fun playing.

erm_yeah

Absol's Biggest Fan
I used to be very into a TCG called Android Netrunner, and I wish I could remember more about it today, because I had so much fun playing.
Looked into it and it's still being supported today. Looks interesting.

Avidro

Ardently apathetic
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
My niece (@Zules' really) and I went out to our local gaming and TCG store for a Pokemon TCG event this evening. While we were unfortunately the only customers who showed up specifically for the event, the store manager on duty was very gracious toward us and was actually eager to play with us herself!

Aside from a couple of fun, albeit hilariously lopsided in favor of the store manager, matches, we also bought $40 worth of merch, most of it for my niece but a handful of 20 cent bulk singles and few more expensive cards pour moi. On top of all that, we each got a free 6 card Play! Pokemon booster pack just for showing up, from which I pulled a sweet Regidrago V card that I'm eager to work into a deck!

All in all, it was a fantastic evening, and my niece was veeeeery happy, which is what really matters. 😊 God bless Pokemon cards. 😄

TheJLT

If specified, this will replace the title th-
Umbration

Cognizance
I play mtg. I prefer commander. I play every 2nd Thursday of every month.

Tee

Just a regular letter
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I should sell my mtg cards and use it to fund a small venture.

TCGs are a trap. They are glorified gambling (usually aimed at minors). I've probably spent upwards of $10,000 on them over the years.

It's a shame because the actual games are fun and any similar games that have tried to exist without doing the boosters thing have failed.
(boosters, more like real world loot boxes, am I right?)

Could you imagine mtg where you could just buy a full playset of the newest set of cards for $100? That would still give them a profit but it's not quite the $8,000 - $12,000 you would need to spend on boosters for the same result in our current reality.