Embarrassing Stories

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Being eyebrows deep into internet fandoms can get you in trouble. I follow a sports YouTuber called Tom Grossi closely. Recently he's been getting into Ice Hockey and chose the Seattle Kraken as his team. When their name comes up he has a little hand-gesture he does wiggling his fingers under his chin (to indicate the tentacles) accompanied by an ululation type noise, it's a fun little in-community meme.

Fast forward to me walking through town yesterday and spotting a dude walking towards me with a Seattle Kraken hat on. As a reflex response I did the gesture/sound effect as we were crossing, only to realise (from the look on his face that I was some sort of insane person) that not everyone is in the Grossi Posse, so won't recognise the in-community meme. Instead of it being the "Go Krakens!" acknowledgement I intended it just looked completely unhinged.

Whoops.

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Being eyebrows deep into internet fandoms can get you in trouble. I follow a sports YouTuber called Tom Grossi closely. Recently he's been getting into Ice Hockey and chose the Seattle Kraken as his team. When their name comes up he has a little hand-gesture he does wiggling his fingers under his chin (to indicate the tentacles) accompanied by an ululation type noise, it's a fun little in-community meme.

Fast forward to me walking through town yesterday and spotting a dude walking towards me with a Seattle Kraken hat on. As a reflex response I did the gesture/sound effect as we were crossing, only to realise (from the look on his face that I was some sort of insane person) that not everyone is in the Grossi Posse, so won't recognise the in-community meme. Instead of it being the "Go Krakens!" acknowledgement I intended it just looked completely unhinged.

Whoops.
😂
This is my favorite story in the thread

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
I will find you the noise and clip it when I can.

This week I lost my wallet at work.
I knew it must have been at work because I still had it at 12:30 but I already didn't have it when I was about to go home.
I couldn't find it anywhere.
Next day morning, when I arrived,
I found it immediately.
It was stuck in my chair, between the seat and the arm rest thing on the side.

Rateus

Umbration

Velocity
I knew it must have been at work because I still had it at 12:30 but I already didn't have it when I was about to go home.
I found it immediately.
Oh, I've been there! :-/

TheJLT

If specified, this will replace the title th-
Umbration

Cognizance
I found it immediately.
Funny thing... I went to my brother's house yesterday to play mtg. I had brought my laptop with the bag. After the games I left with my computer outside of the bag, but I tripped on some giant toy. I managed to hold on to my computer without dropping it, but when I arrived home 40 minutes later, I found that I did not have my computer bag with the charger and mouse. Also my phone was missing. I had to work in 7 hours, so I just set a timer on my alarm clock. I woke up and went to work. Then after work I went back to my brother's house and found my bag with my mouse, charger, and phone on the ground outside next to that blasted toy.... mind that I'd been extremely sleep deprived the night before.... so it's not my fault I didn't notice that I dropped the bag..... ;-;