Cresnovcraft MASTERS (Summer 2024 Minecraft Server)

Azulee

Ultimate Blue Lover
Super Patron
Umbration

Essence
So I have some random screenshots that I left piling up! Some of the biggest updates since I last shared anything are: I caught more legends and only need 3 more! I'm literally only 5 pokemon away. I've also finished my Obby, or well it's a finished test version of a obby I plan to work hard on for next year's Minecraft server! But I'll save that for next year.

For now here's some random screenshots.

Zules died while playing a mini game, as she mentioned in her post above. But I didn't screenied.

Obby Spoilers below but doesn't show too much. It's just sharing interesting Pokemon Spawns on my obby.

What it's like to make a Obby and having to test it...

I also caught a Cobalion earlier but forgot to take a screenshot of it.

With all of this... I'm only missing 5 more pokemon!
Throh and Sigilyph as normal pokemon and Reshiram, Tornadus and Landorus as Legends.

Sounds easy right...? Well, not really. Tornadus only spawns in the Afternoon, and only spawns during Rain. Rain in Minecraft has a delay timer of 0.5 to 7.5 days, and it could only last 0.5 to 1.0 days. You'll be waiting a long time, and even then it's still a 30% chance for a Legend to spawn on a timer... And it's a 2% chance for that legend to become Tornadus. This was the same for Kyurem which is why there has been so much struggle, and we only have a few days left. :(

Either way, if we don't make it, I had a lot of fun with the server! I hope next year I get to hang out and meet more of you in Minecraft!

Zules

running on the dagger's edge
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
THE SERVER ENDS IN 1 DAY, 8 HOURS
(click here for LIVE COUNTDOWN)

If nobody submits a completed pokedex of a single generation of mons, the server will end. Until next year. All contests will also close at that time.

@Azulee If you pick a time for us to run your obby, I will definitely try to be there (spotty Internet permitting)

Azulee

Ultimate Blue Lover
Super Patron
Umbration

Essence
Either sometime today or tomorrow before the server ends! I'm not sure when is a good time.

For anyone interested, my Obby will be open to try out! It's just a preview and is in the Alpha stages, as I intend to make a LARGE scale obby for next year. If you wish to join let me know what times is good for you, you can also let me know what times you're free Zules. :)

And if no one can make it, don't worry, I'll record a video of myself doing it and showcasing it before the server closes.

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Either sometime today or tomorrow before the server ends! I'm not sure when is a good time.

For anyone interested, my Obby will be open to try out! It's just a preview and is in the Alpha stages, as I intend to make a LARGE scale obby for next year. If you wish to join let me know what times is good for you, you can also let me know what times you're free Zules. :)

And if no one can make it, don't worry, I'll record a video of myself doing it and showcasing it before the server closes.
I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'm not free all day tomorrow but I'm free most of the day. I could also be on later this evening or tonight. I think. It kind of depends how well my mobile hotspot does.

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Not free today, but tomorrow I'll be able to play a bit, a few hours before the end.
I miiiiight play until the server closes (2am my time), but that would be irresponsible, still gotta go to work the nex day...
Sad that I didn't have the time to build and show off my custom Vault door and Stargate... oh well, there's always next year! (which is what I told myself last year lol)
Definitely down to try your obby @Azulee, I'll probably be there around 18 or 19:00 UTC

Azulee

Ultimate Blue Lover
Super Patron
Umbration

Essence
Sounds good! Those times work for me. If I'm not online and you're on, you can let me know with a ping! c:
Afterwards I'll record a video of me doing the obby and share the video on here. I've also made myself a Hall of Fame with my Pokemon team + Legendaries + Badges! Which I'll share as a last screenshot / video post.

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I'll try going on now to see if I can do the obby!

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I just did the obby and it was really fun! I recommend everyone to give it a go before the server closes 😃

Only now I have finally some free time to play, and game ends already.

Only managed to build the very beginning of my "secret" base, and some tunnel.

I don't really like the pixel mon mod.

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Gonna be online from now until ~1h before the server closes
@Azulee I'm down to try your Obby!

Azulee

Ultimate Blue Lover
Super Patron
Umbration

Essence
FINAL videos and screenshots post! I've uploaded two videos (one edited and one unedited) of @Zules and @Ciela attempting my obby! The videos are unlisted / private and the links will only be posted here for the sake of privately. I've also took screenshots of my final moments in Azul Town!
To make it easier on Zules, my contest entries are here and here! So you won't need to search for them. My Redstone structure broke so I won't be submitting for it, and my team isn't pretty enough to compete with Ciela's or Ciela's teams. Though I wish both of you good luck!

Anyway without further ado... I'll start with final screenshots I took around Azul Town.

Time to play: Can you spot Ciela in each screenshot?

I also did a Hall of Fame for my outfit, pokemon teams, legendaries caught and badges! (+ Master Ball that Zules gave me but was never used)

Here is my PC of Gen 5 pokemon that I placed in order of dex number!

And finally...

The two videos of Zules and Ciela attempting my Obby! The first video was edited because of how long it took, while the second video was left unedited cause it was sorta already short anyway. I won't throw anyone under the bus as both are pretty decent at platforming! c:

And with that... This is my closing and final entry to screenshots and videos. I've had fun! I hope next year I get to hang out with more of you! c:

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
112 diamonds
85 hours played
42 biomes explored
11 deaths
2 Ender Dragons killed
1 girl who never played Pokémon in her life

And guess what, I did have the time to make my little redstone thingy! #cleverestengineer

I'll post a video tomorrow to show it in action, right now it's over 1 am, I haven't eaten nor taken a shower, and I have to wake up at 7.

But yeah, had a great time on Cresnovcraft Masters, thank you to everyone who played and chatted!
Special thanks to @Azulee for many reasons, and @Zules for organizing this event!
Hope we'll have another edition next year!

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
You guys did amazing! I'm so impressed!

Only about 10 minutes remain. I'm logging in to say goodbye.

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice

And with that, the server is offline. Thank you everyone, for playing! I'll be back with more screenies and announcement about the contest winners shortly! (Hope this post goes through because my internet is really spotty this evening)

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Do you have the final size of the explored map?
As in, how much space did we end up taking on the SSD? x)

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Here's the video of my little contraption, a Stargate-inspired automated and animated Nether portal!

Let's ditch the walls and show the naked redstone:

So, how does it work? Well, it's pretty simple.
The first part, at the foreground and dug into the ground, is the 1-button control.
This is the only change I've made to this circuit in this version of it, because I didn't have the time to build a proper control room for the Stargate to house the activation button, deactivation button, and safety switch, so I decided to go for the simple button.
The button triggers 2 things: a T-flip-flop (the thingy with 3 arrowed dispensers on the left), which powers either the activation or deactivation circuits; and an anti-spam system, which prevents any more button pushes from actually triggering the flip-flop again while the portal in the the porocess of being opened/closed. It's on a timer, and as soon as the portal opens, the protection lifts and you can push the button once more.

Next, the activation circuit, is the granite lines going all around. This triggers the various pistons in sequence, each being separated by 12 in-game ticks (3 repeaters at full delay), so about 1.2 seconds, with the exception of the last, top one, which purposefully takes a tiny bit more time.
And, just after the top piston triggers, the ON dispenser (with a flint and steel) activates and lights the portal.

The deactivation circuit, red terracotta line going around, deactivates every piston at the same time, by pushing a block in the way of the redstone at every piston. Back when I was designing this thing (a long time ago), that's what gave me the most trouble, but not that much really.
At the same time as the pistons retract, the OFF dispenser (with a water bucket) receives a double pulse to break the portal then take the water back.

And that's it! All in all, pretty simple and absolutely useless besides looking fancy.
This was designed a long time ago, and now, with a bit more smarts and modernized redstone techniques, I could really improve this thing (like the needlessly complex double pulse thingy at the back, which can now be 3 blocks long and 1 block wide), and even implement a feature that I wanted but couldn't make back then.

Anyway, I'll probably re-make this thing from the ground up with modernized redstone, less redundant repeaters, and more features, in next year's server!

Last edited:

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Here's the video of my little contraption!

Let's ditch the walls and show the naked redstone:

View attachment 11509

So, how does it work? Well, it's pretty simple.
The first part, at the foreground and dug into the ground, is the 1-button control.
This is the only change I've made to this circuit in this version of it, because I didn't have the time to build a proper control room for the Stargate to house the activation button, deactivation button, and safety switch, so I decided to go for the simple button.
The button triggers 2 things: a T-flip-flop (the thingy with 3 arrowed dispensers on the left), which powers either the activation or deactivation circuits; and an anti-spam system, which prevents any more button pushes from actually triggering the flip-flop again while the portal in the the porocess of being opened/closed. It's on a timer, and as soon as the portal opens, the protection lifts and you can push the button once more.

Next, the activation circuit, is the granite lines going all around. This triggers the various pistons in sequence, each being separated by 12 in-game ticks (3 repeaters at full delay), so about 1.2 seconds, with the exception of the last, top one, which purposefully takes a tiny bit more time.
And, just after the top piston triggers, the ON dispenser (with a flint and steel) activates and lights the portal.

The deactivation circuit, red terracotta line going around, deactivates every piston at the same time, by pushing a block in the way of the redstone at every piston. Back when I was designing this thing (a long time ago), that's what gave me the most trouble, but not that much really.
At the same time as the pistons retract, the OFF dispenser (with a water bucket) receives a double pulse to break the portal then take the water back.

And that's it! All in all, pretty simple and absolutely useless besides looking fancy.
This was designed a long time ago, and now, with a bit more smarts and modernized redstone techniques, I could really improve this thing (like the needlessly complex double pulse thingy at the back, which can now be 3 blocks long and 1 block wide), and even implement a feature that I wanted but couldn't make back then.

Anyway, I'll probably re-make this thing from the ground up with modernized redstone, less redundant repeaters, and more features, in next year's server!
AustinPowersOhNoIveGoneCrossEyed.gif

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Do you have the final size of the explored map?
As in, how much space did we end up taking on the SSD? x)
Just a tad over 6GB. We had 40GB on the SSD so didn't take up a lot of it.

Oh, does Obby come from Oubliette?
I'm pretty sure it stands for Obstacle Course (I would say this with more certainty but now I'm doubting myself, lol)

Here's the video of my little contraption, a Stargate-inspired automated and animated Nether portal!
Dang Ciela this is cool! Redstone always amazes me.