Cresnovcraft MASTERS (Summer 2024 Minecraft Server)

Zules

running on the dagger's edge
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
🏆🟣 Welcome to Cresnovcraft MASTERS 🟣🏆
Minecraft Server, June 11, 2024 - July 11, 2024​

You're invited to join our Minecraft server! This time, we're playing the mod Pixelmon, a free fan-created Pokemon mod that allows you to catch, train, battle, and breed Pokemon! 981 Pokemon are available! If you do not like Pokemon, you can ignore that side of the game--simply let your starter Pokemon faint in a battle, and then wild Pokemon shouldn't bother you anymore. However, as there are no normal Minecraft monsters, some regular Minecraft items are only available through Pokemon drops. HERE is a collection of helpful guides.

In order to play, you need a copy of Minecraft Java (about $15, let me know if you need help affording or purchasing it) and the Pixelmon mod (free). Installing the mod requires an extra couple of steps, but it is pretty easy to do.

First, go to reforged.gg, the mod's website, and choose how you want to download it. I personally use the Technic launcher, but any of the blue buttons should allow you to install the mod (or you can install it manually with the first green button). We are using Pixelmon 9.1.11 AKA 1.16.5-9.1.11 (Forge 36.2.34).

Note that the blue buttons take you to the various pages for the mod itself, but before that, you need to install the launcher. If you're using Technic, here is the link to download the launcher.

Here is one simple way to install and run the mod:
  1. Install the Technic launcher
  2. Log in with your Minecraft credentials
  3. Open the launcher and search "Pixelmon" in Mods
  4. Choose and install the Pixelmon Reforged mod (image shown in the spoiler below)
  5. Launch the mod, finish the installation
  6. Select multiplayer, add our server using the address below
So, basically, after you have your chosen launcher, search for Pixelmon (or use the blue buttons in the screenshot above) and install the mod. On Technic, the mod install window looks like this:

If you need more help installing Pixelmon, let us know here and we should be able to help!

To connect to our server, you will need to be added to the whitelist. I will go ahead and automatically add everyone who played last year, but if you're new this year, please post your Minecraft username here so I can add you to the whitelist!

After that, you can connect to our server through this address:
cresnov.nodecraft.games
or
173.237.49.136:25565

SERVER RULES AND INFO
  1. General Cresnov forum rules apply.
  2. Play however you like, but do not knowingly loot or destroy another player's base, items, or creations. You may, however, loot NPC buildings.
    1. The Pixelmon mod has something called "PokeLoot Chests" which appear throughout the world and contain treasure! Our server has the setting where every player can loot each chest once, so you can loot all the ones you see without feeling like you're being greedy, because everybody else can loot them too!
      1. *The chests near spawn MAY disappear, but further out it should work fine.
  3. There is a 16-block protection area around spawn where you cannot build or mine, so just go a little bit off to the side when you arrive to start playing!
  4. There will be server maintenance and a connectivity outage during the window of July 3rd UTC 7:30 through 9:30 am.
  5. The server ENDS in one month on July 11th, and everything will be taken offline! So have fun, but don't get too attached because this game is not permanent! Be sure to take lots of screenshots & post your memories here so you can revisit them for years to come.
    1. !! SPECIAL RULE !! - if anyone catches every Pokemon from a single generation (example, all Second Generation Pokemon or all Fourth Generation Pokemon), the server will be extended AN EXTRA MONTH, until August 11th! Here is a list of all of the Pokemon, grouped by generation (since the 9th gen isn't complete, it will not count). Feel free to trade Pokemon with others to help make this happen! If you "catch em all," you may become a hero!
Complete that Pokedex!

CONTESTS
Like last year, we will have several mini-contests! The winners will receive bragging rights and possibly a fun trophy to put in your signature! We will separate the contests into two groups: objective and subjective. The objective ones will have a clear winner. The subjective contests will be judged by @Avidro . All contests close for entries at the end of the day July 11th, UTC time (even if the extra month is unlocked.)

To enter any of these contests (and you can enter multiple contests, multiple times), please post screenshots or videos of your entry or proof of your feat here in this thread along with the contest's hashtag!!! (If you don't use the hashtag spelled exactly right, the entry doesn't count, sorry. Copy and paste it to be safe.) If you need to update your entry, please post again with your new submission, and include the hashtag again.

OBJECTIVE CONTESTS
Contest
Hashtag
First person to hoard 100 diamonds#richestminer
First person to catch or breed a shiny Pokemon#shiniestmoment
Person to collect most unique gym badges#fittesttrainer

SUBJECTIVE CONTESTS
Contest
Hashtag
Most clever redstone-powered creation#cleverestengineer
Best Pokemon team, aesthetically#sharpestsix
Most Dzunalike Pokemon caught*#evilestmonster

*There will be no live debate but you are encouraged to campaign regularly for victory.

👾 This is Your Thread
Please feel free to post here as often as you'd like with adventure updates, questions, trade requests, collab ideas, screenshots, etc.! There will also be a chat in-game, of course :geek:

.........remember to have fun and become a Pokemon master!!! 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

Last edited:

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Notes:
  • I couldn't find anyone to help me test the server today so if there are some initial hiccups MY BIG APOLOGIES. Let me know if something needs to be fixed.
  • I think I added most of last year's players on to the whitelist, but I missed some, so if you can't connect then post here with your Minecraft username and I'll add you!

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I also maay have done something wrong because I joined the game and it has a minimap but I thought I installed the more simple version of the mod without the minimap :eveywtf: Sooo... let me know if I messed up lol.

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I also maay have done something wrong because I joined the game and it has a minimap but I thought I installed the more simple version of the mod without the minimap :eveywtf: Sooo... let me know if I messed up lol.
So it seems to work whether or not you have the minimap addon (I don't know if "addon" is the right word)

If you want to get it, using the Technic launcher like I did seems to do the trick.
Pretty useful to have a minimap and waypoints and stuff.

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
By chance, I already had this version of Forge installed, so very quick install for me :p
I changed my Minecraft name to "Its_Ciela", could you add it to the whitelist please?

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
By chance, I already had this version of Forge installed, so very quick install for me :p
I changed my Minecraft name to "Its_Ciela", could you add it to the whitelist please?
Can you log in? I tried adding Its_Ciela but it showed up as your old username.

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Can you log in? I tried adding Its_Ciela but it showed up as your old username.
Says "Failed to verify username!" when trying to log into the server

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Also, says that:

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
@Ciela Okay try it now. But also, did you create an entirely new Minecraft account or just changed your username?

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Still doesn't work :/
And no, I just changed the name of my minecraft java provile, which is something I can do through my minecraft/microsoft account

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Still doesn't work :/
And no, I just changed the name of my minecraft java provile, which is something I can do through my minecraft/microsoft account
Did you change it just today? If so it might need time to propagate.
Try restarting Minecraft and try again. If it still doesn't work I'll turn off the whitelist, let you join, then see if I can reestablish the whitelist with your account on it.

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
The console is telling me that a user with your old username is trying to join, but that it's an invalid session. That's why restarting might help.

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Tried a relaunch, seems to work better, now it says "Connection closed - mismatched mod channel list" xD
Might have to remove the few clientside mods I already had?

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Tried a relaunch, seems to work better, now it says "Connection closed - mismatched mod channel list" xD
Might have to remove the few clientside mods I already had?
That may be the case. I'm only using Pixelmon and it's working for me. Let me know if I can do something to help.
edit: well, Pixelmon Reforged and whatever else the Technic Launcher adds to it.

Ciela

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
Joined even though I never played Pokemon
Chose the adorable little cat
My inventory was full within 15 minutes
Saw a giant thing
Found a mineshaft, got some ressources, got out, saw a portal in the air, jumped in, was sent to an alien world, mined a block, got poisoned, stepped on a flower, died.
Intriguing, will come back tomorrow.

Azulee

Ultimate Blue Lover
Super Patron
Umbration

Essence
Hello! I'm just leaving a post here saying I'm gonna be joining the server as "AzuleeBlue". I've been looking forward to this. Hopefully I'm able to get in the server, and I look forward to seeing everyone else. :yayaya: I'm definitely gonna try to go for a completed gen to extend the time.