Civilized Discussion of Music

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality
who wants me to review all the Homestuck albums in this thread, show of hands

EDIT: sorry for the uncivilized nature of my request
I'm here for that but also I'm here for just a general sharing of our fave tracks :')

Edit: Dug this back up to help ;))))
homestuck music visualizer

Last edited:

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Oegyein sits in his room. The Windows are boarded up and the door has a comical number of locks and latches. He sits on a chair, the sole piece of furniture, brandishing a 12 gauge shotgun.

He hears a knock.

Cautiously he approaches...

He peers through the peep hole...

@Rue stands there dressed like a Mormon holding a physical copy of Homestuck

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality
Oegyein sits in his room. The Windows are boarded up and the door has a comical number of locks and latches. He sits on a chair, the sole piece of furniture, brandishing a 12 gauge shotgun.

He hears a knock.

Cautiously he approaches...

He peers through the peep hole...

@Rue stands there dressed like a Mormon holding a physical copy of Homestuck
It starts softly, but continues to grow louder; the sound of ICP and the honks of bicycle horns permeate the air.
From under the door you see a mixture of different color liquids leaking into the room.
No-- you think-- it couldn't be!
But it is.
It's faygo.

Avidro

Ardently apathetic
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

Rateus

Dzuna is a loser.
Umbration

Velocity
I'm listening to Great Big Sea. They are lovely. Le Bon Vin is one of my go-to cheer up songs.

chaosenjoyer

Dzuna is okay, I guess
Umbration

Cosmos
AAAAAAH A MUSIC DISCUSSION THREAD finally I can torment you all with my obscure music tastes.

Anybody heard of Shirobon? Waterparks? Half an Orange? Starset? Tristam?

...yeah, I didn't think so.

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
AAAAAAH A MUSIC DISCUSSION THREAD finally I can torment you all with my obscure music tastes.

Anybody heard of Shirobon? Waterparks? Half an Orange? Starset? Tristam?

...yeah, I didn't think so.
Favorite song from each?

chaosenjoyer

Dzuna is okay, I guess
Umbration

Cosmos
Favorite song from each?
Shirobon: Impact of TY-77
Waterparks: A tie between Dream Boy and Hawaii (Stay Awake)
Half an Orange: Scared
Starset: Telescope
Tristam: Children in the Dark

Rateus

Dzuna is a loser.
Umbration

Velocity
Shirobon: Impact of TY-77
Waterparks: A tie between Dream Boy and Hawaii (Stay Awake)
Half an Orange: Scared
Starset: Telescope
Tristam: Children in the Dark
This one sounds meteoric! Shirobon: Impact of TY-77

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice

One of my favorite albums ever when it came out. Listening today, it doesn't have quite the same appeal. I was really caught up on an emotional life event back then, and the album helped me through it, but I don't need it in the same way anymore.

I do still like it a lot though, and Prize Fighter has to be one of my top favorite Killers songs, haha--too bad it's on the Deluxe version only.

The Killers's next album, Wonderful Wonderful, I never really liked all that much, so I'm interested to see how I feel about it today.

Rateus

Dzuna is a loser.
Umbration

Velocity
View attachment 7743

One of my favorite albums ever when it came out. Listening today, it doesn't have quite the same appeal. I was really caught up on an emotional life event back then, and the album helped me through it, but I don't need it in the same way anymore.

I do still like it a lot though, and Prize Fighter has to be one of my top favorite Killers songs, haha--too bad it's on the Deluxe version only.

The Killers's next album, Wonderful Wonderful, I never really liked all that much, so I'm interested to see how I feel about it today.
I'm glad to see you enjoying this. I stopped enjoying The Killers about 6 songs into the first album. Suz likes them more, got Sam's Town but it doesn't get many plays. All of this is making me think I should give their other stuff a chance.

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I'm glad to see you enjoying this. I stopped enjoying The Killers about 6 songs into the first album. Suz likes them more, got Sam's Town but it doesn't get many plays. All of this is making me think I should give their other stuff a chance.
Ooh yeah Hot Fuss is not the best way to judge whether you'd like their music because they've evolved so much they're practically a different band by Day & Age

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Top 10 Boldest Music Moves of 2017:
1. Putting Wonderful Wonderful's titular track into the first slot of the album - gee that song is so... different...........

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Wonderful Wonderful thoughts:
Yeahhh this album is still on the bottom of my list. For me personally, most of the songs lack the magic and are strangely forgettable. There's also an extreme mixture of--on the one side, playful, on the other side, religious--that just feels too jarring to me.

Tyson vs Douglas is incredible though and should have been the mega-hit and not The Man.

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
I've recently come across a very strange album: Carousel (An Examination of the Shadow, Creekflow, and its Life as an Afterthought), by brony fandom artist Vylet Pony.
Now, before you start judging the book (or the album, in that case) by its cover, I must say a few things.
First, you don't have to enjoy pony stuff to enjoy this album. It's a whole thing in and of itself.
This album is really good, and definitely took me by surprise. I enjoy a few of Vylet's songs, but her style of electronic music is usually not my taste.
Before Carousel was released, Vylet released Brohoof, one of the songs of the album, as a single. And surprisingly, despite being a style of music I don't usually listen to, I really enjoyed it. So when Carousel was released, I got curious.
I wasn't ready.
The first few songs start cheerful, with a few surprising style changes, and with the exception of track #6, I really enjoyed all of them.
But then you arrive at the second half of the album. Even with the foreshadowing in the first half, no one can be ready on the first listen.
Style change after style change, going as far as rock, swing, rap, and even metal (in an electro album!), accompanied by darker lyrics, makes the second part really memorable.
The last three songs are more calm (though, once again, they have surprising, more energetic moments), and the final song's outro loops back to the outro of the first track, so well that if you put the album on repeat, and if you have a decent music player, you don't even hear where one ends and the other begins. It's a Carousel. It goes around. The album's first lyrics are "It's a brand new day again, still feels like yesterday", and once you loop the album once, it makes sense. Everything makes sense. Aren't you excited?

Last edited:

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Killers update:
Just finished Imploding the Mirage. It feels like the band went through some growing pains with the previous album but then used that to land somewhere really, really nice with this one. Basically all of the songs are really good? Some are startlingly beautiful. I enjoy it almost on par with my other favorites, so this album has got to be in my top 3.

Just one album left to go!