Civilized Discussion of Music

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
It is SAT scores, but it's an average. So take this with a grain of salt. Also maybe reflect on your life thus far.

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Robots won't take over the arts, right?
WRONG.

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
2017 is a year of turmoil, namely political. And if your outraged, you've come to the right places! It doesn't have to be at the current government, or even your. Or maybe you just like hearing me talk (I know I do). So here is a list I'm compiling of the best protest songs of all time.

Revolution
The Beatles
When John Lennon took over from Macca, of course he'd be inclined to write one of their first political songs (George wrote won too but I wont get into that just yet). The use of guitar feedback is one of my favorite aspects of one of my favorite songs, and quite frankly, this song'll make you feel alright!

Born in the USA
Bruce Springsteen
One of the two worst songs to play on the 4th of July (looking at you Miley), this is actually a protest song written by The Boss about the troubles of poorer Americans in the seventies. Take note of the lyrics, and you won't end up like a Republican nominee.

Sunday Bloody Sunday
U2
If you've read any of my music oriented posts, you'll know I'm a huge fan of the band, and if you know anything about them, you'd know basically every song is either about the situations when the song was written, or Bono's wife or mom. But this song stands out from the rest. The unruly, yet sophisticated, post-punk nature of this song comes from The Troubles, an event in Northern Ireland in which Catholic Nationalists and Protestant Unionists fought in a kind of guerilla war. While it may not be fitting for disappointing leaders, it make a great marching song. Just remember, there's been a lot of talk about this next song, maybe too much talk...

Rock the Casbah
The Clash
For a punk band, they sure know how to groove. This song comes from a massive repertoire of songs, from this about the end of the world to fighting the law. But what is it about this particular song? The middle eastern themes? The video being set in Texas? Maybe it's that crazy casbah sound.

Life During Wartime
The Talking Heads
While not necessarily a protest song, it is political. I ain't foolin' around. The song revolves around themes of war (duh) and terrorism. Yes, there was terrorism before 9/11 young 'uns. Ask @Zules she's pretty old, but you didn't hear it from me. Enjoy the songs, and I'll see you later.

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
I know most of my postings are quite frankly irrelevant and possibly crude. I acknowledge that. But let me tell you of someone. In a Starbucks one day, I found a piece of paper. It was a link to a Soundcloud, and it ask patrons to check it out. I was skeptical, this being Texas after all, could have been country, or worse, a soundcloud rapper. Anyway, I looked into it. His name is Rich, and I was surprised. His alt-rock/indie folk stylings are rather calming. For an underproduced singer with four minute-or-so-long tracks (as of this post), he's pretty good. He sounds like a darker, more soulful version of Jack Johnson, and his guitar skills are impressive. If you only listen to me on one thing, I hope it's this. Being a musician is hard, I'm trying to help foster talent.

Last edited:

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
How to know if you're strange:
  • People seem strange
  • Faces look ugly
  • You're alone
  • Women seem wicked
  • You're unwanted
  • Streets are uneven
  • You're down
  • Faces come out of the rain
  • No one remembers your name
If you have all these symptoms, you are certifiably strange by the Dr. King Morrison test. Please consult your local L.A. (Law Abidance) Woman.

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Today (well, yesterday) I found out that the ketchup song is about a some dude who's eight miles high in a packed club, who asks the DJ to play rappers delight.

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Tom Petty died.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
:( Yeah... dead at 66... those were some long miles though....
:thisisbad:

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
:( Yeah... dead at 66... those were some long miles though....
:thisisbad:
I'm worried about Steven Tyler, too, cos he had health concerns. But he is resilient.

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
It's amazing that half these guys are still alive and kicking

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
*cough cough*Keith Richards*cough cough*

Sorry, allergies.

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
It's that time of year again folks!
"Halloween?"
No
"Flu season?"
nO
"All the best shows come back on?"
NO- well, yes, but that's besides the point.

It's time to vote for the 2018 inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
Link: "2018 Fan Vote"

catfire13

(´・ω・`)
Umbration

Innervation
W O A A A A A AA A A A A A A A A A A A A A AA AA A A AAA AAAA A A A A A AAAA AA A A

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
It's that time of year again folks!
"Halloween?"
No
"Flu season?"
nO
"All the best shows come back on?"
NO- well, yes, but that's besides the point.

It's time to vote for the 2018 inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
Link: "2018 Fan Vote"
Lol the site failed

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Pro tip: reciting "excuse me, while I kiss the sky" out loud may sound different than intended.

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
I would like to remind everyone on this forum that crying is a very manly endeavor(nt)