Civilized Discussion of Music

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Gratzi.

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Today I discovered that there was actually two guitarists named Mick Jones.
The one I knew first was from The Clash.
And the one I found out about is from Foriegner.

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
A little too produced and electronic for my tastes, but lyrically rather intelligent. It's an odd combo of light bells (I think) and heavy drums and fuzzy guitar. I wish the singer was more dynamic and powerful. Some lost oppotunities for great vocalizations. It seems rather memorable tho.
4.6/5, will investigate!
Edit: I'm an idiot, those are synths

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Well, today is Freddie Mercury's birthday!
But if you went on google, it's also the Trololol guys birthday!

catfire13

(´・ω・`)
Umbration

Innervation
Trolololol?

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Uno! Dos! Tres! Catorce!
Today is a good day. U2 dropped the lead single off of Songs of Experience, call You're the Best Thing About Me. It's a little to pop-y for my liking, but a good song none the less. The person on the single is The Edge's (the guitarists) daughter.
Oh, I said earlier the two people on the Blackout letter were Bono and his wife. I was wrong. It's Bono's son and the Edge's daughter. Her name is Sian, by the way.

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
Even before reading this comic, whenever I heard "King of Pain", I'd imagine and emo teen with blue highlights 'n mascara, and hides away in his room because "no one understands" him, and he'd blast Twenty One Pilots because "they understand the pain in me through their 'music'" (I threw up a little).
Okay, I admit that the TØP fan base has a bad rep and, on the whole, deserves it, but don't diss the music itself. The instrumentation is original and good and the lyrics are actually meaningful. I understand your throw-up, but not the quotated 'music.'

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
For posterity, here's Tyler Joseph eating ice cream.

catfire13

(´・ω・`)
Umbration

Innervation
Great spinoff game C:

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Okay, I admit that the TØP fan base has a bad rep and, on the whole, deserves it, but don't diss the music itself. The instrumentation is original and good and the lyrics are actually meaningful. I understand your throw-up, but not the quotated 'music.'
Perhaps I was being cynical, but I hate that they're considered a rock band without having a guitar. Also, I like one song of theirs. And I do get that people can relate to their music, but it is completely lost on me. I really don't see the point of this quasi emo music, despite being in the right age range. I guess that's how some people felt about grunge.

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Something I find funny is that people have been using the term "daddy" since the fifties and sixties. You can hear it in the songs below

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
You
Perhaps I was being cynical, but I hate that they're considered a rock band without having a guitar. Also, I like one song of theirs. And I do get that people can relate to their music, but it is completely lost on me. I really don't see the point of this quasi emo music, despite being in the right age range. I guess that's how some people felt about grunge.
Alright, I can understand that. I've grown a liking for poetry and literary analysis in the past year, so even when I can't relate to the lyrics, I just enjoy the picture he paints (and the rhymes).
And we prefer to label their genre "ukelele screamo".

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Here's an interesting statistic I found.

According to this, I'm rather smart (U2, Radiohead, Hendrix, Beatles, Peppers, Snow Patrol)

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Here's a larger one

Avidro

Hiatus Master
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
I don't get it. What's the x-axis measuring? It can't be IQ. Is it combined SAT score or something silly like that?

Master Overlord

Internet Emperor
Probably. Or some other statistic. But at face value, Lil Wayne'll make you dumb, and Counting Crows will learn ya. I'll dig into it.