art studies ((STUDIOUS VIBE))

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
I decided to stop spamming the low effort art thread with my anatomical studies, so here's my new thread

feel free to post here whenever you create/sketch/draw something while focusing on any of the technical aspects of art (anatomy, color theory, composition, etc)

also, this would be a great thread to ask for feedback, but please don't give another person feedback unless asked! Sometimes it can be damage-level discouraging to get art critique when you're not seeking or prepared for it yet.

related threads:
high effort art
art tutorials / resources / tips

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
today's sketches, where the skeleton slowly grows muscles

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Oops I didn't realize the muscles kept growing on the next page

Avidro

Ardently apathetic
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
"Son of Man, can these bones live?"

Apricity

AKA the Prince O' Weird
Super Patron
Umbration

Cognizance
Nice work, girl.

TheJLT

If specified, this will replace the title th-
Umbration

Cognizance

TheJLT

If specified, this will replace the title th-
Umbration

Cognizance

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
When you know what you want, kinda, but you can't draw it....

WHY CAN'T I JUST DRAW COOL SWORDS

Anybody got advise? I want to draw cool fantasy swords that aren't copies of other people's and also kinda practically realistic! But not the boring kind of realistic. :cryofdisbelief:

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
@EstherTb
1- Mood board! If you put at least a dozen cool swords into a mood board, you'll be able to glean inspiration from the overall design themes you like instead of straight copying a design. As a bonus, put other stuff in the mood board like armor, buildings, etc, that might influence your sword's design.
2- Watch some videos about cosplay constructions of fantasy swords. Or blacksmithing real swords. Knowing how they're supposed to actually be constructed in real life would help you come up with interesting but feasible designs.
3- Looking up Swordtember creations might also boost the inspiration factor. It's like Inktober but for designing swords.

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity