Ardent Ascent

Avidro

🎼 HELLO MY GRIME-TIME GAAALLL 🎶
Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
Tie the bee up with the cloak, but make sure that the stinger is not in contact with the cloak so as to prevent holes from being poked in the fashionable accessory. Then, if that works, carry the bee and jacket up the stairs. (ensure that you are telling the bee that this is for it's own good.)
> Trap the bee in a cloakish knapsack.
Hang on... that mound is too small, and it's not moving at all.

The beeshape deimon appears to have disintegrated into a pile of ashes.
Her stinger is still there, glowing faintly with purple energy.

What will you do?​

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
> Eat it

TheJLT

This Time I'm "Spooky".
Umbration

Cognizance
Hang on... that mound is too small, and it's not moving at all.

View attachment 6816

The beeshape deimon appears to have disintegrated into a pile of ashes.
Her stinger is still there, glowing faintly with purple energy.

What will you do?​
>Then snort the du- I mean.... Store the bee dust in one of your cloak's inner pockets

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
> Eat the bee dust and snort the stinger.

TheJLT

This Time I'm "Spooky".
Umbration

Cognizance
>Climb the stairs after picking up your cloak and the stinger..

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
> EAT IT.

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
Gonna be honest, I forgot that no one put a serious answer except Oegyein.

TheJLT

This Time I'm "Spooky".
Umbration

Cognizance
>Collect drops
>Climb stairs

Avidro

Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
>Collect drops
Ok, collect the loot. Got it.

...Er, how did you access your cloak pockets again? Muscle memory doesn't seem to work anymore. You do feel as if you have enough information to remember now, for some reason.
>Climb stairs

Is this it?

Has your ardent ascent finally begun?

With some trepidation, yet an equal amount of resolve, you climb the first nine steps of the spiral staircase before you.

A thick fog of frightful darkness weighs heavier and heavier upon you with each ever more arduous step.

You feel... strange... like the feeling of being halfway between wakefulness and sleep. Your once sharp thoughts congeal into a thick soup of confusion. A sick feeling of existential dread washes over you again and again with each step, like the cresting waves of a rising tide of doom.

You stand upon the ninth step. All around you now is frightful darkness.

Do you ascend?

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
Ok, collect the loot. Got it.

...Er, how did you access your cloak pockets again? Muscle memory doesn't seem to work anymore. You do feel as if you have enough information to remember now, for some reason.

View attachment 7155

Is this it?

Has your ardent ascent finally begun?

With some trepidation, yet an equal amount of resolve, you climb the first nine steps of the spiral staircase before you.

A thick fog of frightful darkness weighs heavier and heavier upon you with each ever more arduous step.

You feel... strange... like the feeling of being halfway between wakefulness and sleep. Your once sharp thoughts congeal into a thick soup of confusion. A sick feeling of existential dread washes over you again and again with each step, like the cresting waves of a rising tide of doom.

You stand upon the ninth step. All around you now is frightful darkness.

Do you ascend?
> Dont fal dwon teh stairs man! Im telilng yuo dawg!

Avidro

Admin
Umbration

Corporeality

TheJLT

This Time I'm "Spooky".
Umbration

Cognizance

Avidro

Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
>Tell you about stairs.

It seems you passed out for a moment at the upper limit of existence upon the ninth step.

Consider yourself sufficiently warned about stairs, bro.

It seems ascending will prove just as challenging as you had anticipated from the beginning.

What will you do?​

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
> remember how to use pockets (then eat the stinger)

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance
> Examine sconces and underside of stairs.

Jimothy

Umbration

Radiance

Avidro

Admin
Umbration

Corporeality
> Examine sconces and underside of stairs.

You may have spotty memory, but you sure know Innervation magic when you see it.

As you approach the sconce nearest clockwise to the foreboding obsidian entrance door, an undulating tendril of said Innervation magic wends its way towards you, surrounding your vision with pulses of wavy red energy.

You feel... more alive, somehow. Not healthier, but more attuned to your physical body and all its innumerable sensations.

That includes the bumps and bruises from your ill-advised ascent earlier. Ouch.

You also are able to see the marching termites a bit more clearly from this distance. You notice that they seem to stand out starkly against the flashes of red energy that surround you, whereas the other hazy features of this dreamlike chamber fade into obscurity behind them.

Hang on... as you examine the termites closer, you realize that you can feel little pinpricks of sensation from each one that passes through your line of sight. A heady scent of pheromones gives you the slightest tug of instinctive compulsion towards its source, which you sense to be the interminable trail of termites headed either clockwise or counterclockwise from each individual termite itself.

It all makes your head swim as you try to process these foreign sensations. You quickly turn away from the termite sconce. You had something else in mind to investigate, as well. Something seemed slightly... off about the shadows underneath the staircase.

To be continued...

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
One of these days... @DeimonMaster... you WILL eat that wasp stinger dust....