ANNOUNCEMENT: Roleplay Policy

Zules

running on the dagger's edge
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
Many of you have taken to creating different factions on the forums and roleplaying according to those allegiances. I think this has been pretty entertaining for the most part, but I'm worried that it's going to crowd out serious discussion (or serious silly game playing).

I've created a new sub-forum called "The Roleplay Cafe" and will be moving appropriate threads into it.

ALL future roleplaying must be inside the Roleplay Cafe.

There will be a little bit of wiggle room. If you like to roleplay as, say, a robot (not that anyone here does that; we only have actual robots of course) throughout the forum, you may continue to do so as long as your character strictly adheres to Rule #1. Anything that goes beyond that (joking around with insults or arguing in good fun) must be kept in the Roleplay Cafe.

This isn't to say that the Roleplay Cafe is outside the reach of Rule #1. If things end up getting out of hand and real arguments or fighting break out, I will put a stop to it. This forum community's primary goal is to be friendly and welcoming, after all, so keep that in mind when posting.

On that note, it's okay to invite new members to your faction (cult/club/etc) on their intro thread, but please do not hijack their thread. If they seem interested in the group(s), then that's one thing, but if they don't seem to have an interest in it, please don't fight over their membership in their thread. :geek: Some people aren't into roleplaying and only came here to discuss the comic, and that's fine!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

TheJLT

The
Umbration

Cognizance
Ok, will keep in mind.

EstherTb

Blaze Blaster Master "Broke the Game" StreakKeeper
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
This is a good new addition to the rules. I feel like we were getting out of hand. Thanks for reeling us in Zules! I won't be hijacking any more intro threads.

X-39

A humble robot
Umbration

Duality
This is good, because I was honestly starting to get a little worried. Thanks for helping out, though I do wonder if the picture in front of the announcement changes based on user or if it was specifically addressed to me, which'd be a bit weird given its content.

Last edited:

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
This is good, because I was honestly starting to get a little worried. Thanks for helping out, though I do wonder if the picture in front of the announcement changes based on user or if it was specifically addressed to me, which'd be a bit weird given its content.
Hahaha I didn't think of that perception XD

It showed each user's own avatar, don't worry!

Jackal

The Dubious
Umbration

Cosmos
I'm worried I'll struggle with the "(joking around with insults or arguing in good fun)" part. I will try hard!
But that's, like, half my sense of comedy. Go easy on me!

Zules

Admin
Umbration

Caprice
ALL future roleplaying must be inside the Roleplay Cafe.

There will be a little bit of wiggle room. If you like to roleplay as, say, a robot (not that anyone here does that; we only have actual robots of course) throughout the forum, you may continue to do so as long as your character strictly adheres to Rule #1. Anything that goes beyond that (joking around with insults or arguing in good fun) must be kept in the Roleplay Cafe.
On that note, it's okay to invite new members to your faction (cult/club/etc) on their intro thread, but please do not hijack their thread. If they seem interested in the group(s), then that's one thing, but if they don't seem to have an interest in it, please don't fight over their membership in their thread.
@EstherTb @Jimothy
Please be careful in regards to this. Intro threads should be about welcoming and getting to know the new person, whereas an exchange of 6 posts in a row about roleplay factions can be intimidating or confusing, especially when you're mentioning Kults/Cults and murder.

Jimothy

Rogue Chemist, Supreme Summoner
Umbration

Radiance
Yeah, that's my bad. Apologies!

EstherTb

Blaze Blaster Master "Broke the Game" StreakKeeper
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
What he said! I’ll be careful about that in the future!