2023 Review / 2024 Goals

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
2023 was a pretty good year for me. Published a brick, my first ever book. Made Making Light, Exvulnerum's 2nd album. Both projects took a lot of time and effort, and it's great to have those finished and done. I also did a good deal of therapy, and I think my mental health improved overall.

For 2024 I want to get back to updating Exvulnerum 3x a week, and maybe finish the 2nd draft of my novel, Genie. I'd like to continue growing the community here, too.

How about you guys?

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I moved out at the beginning of the year which was a huge step for me! Received the C/LtCol Rank in Civil Air Patrol before moving over to senior side earlier this year. Got to go to Australia and got freaking engaged.

Next year (2024) I'm planning a wedding, getting my finances even MORE in order. And going for a K1 Visa. No we are not going to apply for 90 day fiance!

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
YEAR IN REVIEW
Started my year off by hunting, travelled to Alabama, left Texas, worked a whole bunch, studied a whole bunch, got an internship, and got engaged to the love of my life.

2024 SO FAR
Had to part with Esther for yet another year and fixed my grandma's vacuum.

2024 GOALS
Plan a wedding, apply for a visa, apply for a better job (after my internship's over)

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Be a better, more supporting partner through improved communication.

Find a job where the leadership team actually want me in the department.

Draw more.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
YEAR IN REVIEW
Started my year off by hunting, travelled to Alabama, left Texas, worked a whole bunch, studied a whole bunch, got an internship, and got engaged to the love of my life.

2024 SO FAR
Had to part with Esther for yet another year and fixed my grandma's vacuum.

2024 GOALS
Plan a wedding, apply for a visa, apply for a better job (after my internship's over)
Addendum: jog more and eat healthier

Val

Random Pegasus
Super Patron
Umbration

Cosmos
2023:
Spent a month in California, saw a LOT of amazing space stuff, went to Italy, attended a huge car event in France, made awesome memories with my best friends, got transferred and moved to Toulouse (French capital of aeronautics and space!), saw more space stuff.

2024:
I really need to take better care of myself and my living space, need to find a bigger appartment, maybe start figuring out what and who I want to be

Rue

High Priestess of Taco Bell
Umbration

Duality
2023:
-managed to visit my family twice
-my last grandparent died, but it turns out he was an abusive asshole, so im not sad
-started volunteering
-got a job at the place i was volunteering
-had a couple more breakdowns
-got committed to mental health for the first (and hopefully last time)
-got my first tattoo
-started working on the credit card debt i accumulated since last summer (about 75% gone now)
-cracked the screen of my phone like a week ago because i dropped it in a fxxxing starbucks
-had the unfortunate death of one of my cats, one of my 3 babies that were born here in my house, just a few days before christmas

2024:
-im still grieving the loss of my darling kitty, mochi
-theres nothing else that really matters to me atm

goals (i guess):
-finish clearing up the credit card debt
-get a 2nd tattoo
-get some pictures of mochi (and probably of my other cats) printed and hung up
-hopefully start moving past this bs in my relationship that has been constant torture for me the past 1.5 years
-finally go back to the dentist

Rue

Umbration

Duality
-hopefully start moving past this bs in my relationship that has been constant torture for me the past 1.5 years
when i said this i didnt mean for him to break up with me last night
monkeys paw i guess

and then afterwards he surprised me with a brand new pc as an extra christmas present
there was a strange conflict of emotions last night

Zules

maybe Exvulnerum wasn't a mistake
Admin
Umbration

Caprice
when i said this i didnt mean for him to break up with me last night
monkeys paw i guess

and then afterwards he surprised me with a brand new pc as an extra christmas present
there was a strange conflict of emotions last night
wow! That's... a lot. Hope you're doing alright ❤

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Umbration

Duality
wow! That's... a lot. Hope you're doing alright ❤
shockingly okay so far, dunno if itll stay that way. its weird because nothing is actually changing right now. and i dont know that he is even going to tell his family (whom we live with)

its still harder coping with the loss of my cat, literally after the breakup conversation was over with, we spent the next 20 minutes crying together about mochi

Rateus

Master Master Investigator
Umbration

Velocity
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time Rue, I hope it gets better for you asap.

Oegyein

Wanted alien fugitive
Umbration

Duality
In order to lose weight I've been cutting back on junk food and alcohol, which sucks because I'm now craving chocolate milk by the gallon.

Thankfully they don't sell gallon bottles of chocolate milk here, but 3L is close enough.

EstherTb

Queen of Hiatuses
Super Patron
Umbration

Duality
I'm a bit late here but happy to say I've accomplished one of my goals!

2023 review:
- Transitioned from a cadet to senior member in civil air patrol
-Moved out
-Improved cooking skills immensely
-made active efforts to stay connected with family.
-visited Australia again :)
-Got engaged

2024 goals:
-teach @Oegyein how to say GOals instead of galls.
-apply for the K1 Visa (step 1 complete), and get it approved and apply for step 2 and 3. Get everything ready for step 3.
-draw more + finish another Inktober
-learn some 3D art
-learn some YouTube stuff about posting videos and post more videos (which includes drawing)
-get at least 1 person to look at my BuyMeAHamburger page, lol.
-Get active in Civil Air Patrol as a senior member, influence the next gen towards the Jedi instead of the Sith.
-Continue to work on housewife skills like cooking and pick up more skills like that.
-read the Bible in a year (daily reading habit), get closer with God, be a good witness.